Baby Bilby Inc. (“Baby Bilby”, “we”, “us”, “our”) understands and respects your need and right for privacy. This Privacy Notice (“Notice”) describes the information that we collect, the purposes for which it is used, and your choices regarding its use.
Baby Bilby operates an online store and registry for new and expecting parents, as well as a website that provides information for expecting families. This Notice covers the information Baby Bilby collects, uses, shares, and retains when you access our www.babybilby.com website or Baby Bilby mobile applications, use our products and services, or otherwise interact with us (collectively, the “Services”).
We encourage you to read this Notice in full to understand our privacy practices before using our Services.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Baby Bilby collects the following information when you use our Services, and otherwise with your consent. In some cases, we receive information directly from you, such as your name and email address, when you create a Baby Bilby registry or use our online store. We also automatically collect some information, such as device information, to help us operate our Services.
A. Information You Provide to Us
To create a Baby Bilby account, you provide us the following information:
- First and last name
- Email address and password
We use this information to create your Baby Bilby account, authenticate your account. Your account remains private until you choose to share it with others.
When you create your account, you may choose to provide us with the following additional information:
- Existence of a partner
- Partner name and email address
- Due date
- Baby gender
- Whether pregnancy is multiple (e.g., twins)
- Number of other children
- Type of expecting experience (pregnancy, adopting, fostering, surrogate, etc.)
- Physical address
- Phone number
- Personal messages
- Other information about you, your partner, and your health and lifestyle
We use surveys and contests to collect your feedback and improve your experience with our Services. Participation in our surveys or contests is voluntary. If you choose to complete our surveys or participate in our contests, we may collect the following information:
- Your contact information
- Your age and gender
- Your survey answers
- Any other information that you provide to us in the comment field
We may collect additional personal information about you, your partner, or others when you communicate with customer support. For example, if you contact us regarding a technical issue you are experiencing with our Services, we may request:
- Your contact information
- Information to verify your identity
- A summary of the issue
- A screenshot of the issue
- Other information that might be helpful to resolve your issue
B. Information We Collect Automatically
When you use our Services, we automatically collect the following information:
- Browser and Usage Information – Baby Bilby collects information to improve our Services, such as the Operating System (OS) running on your device, Internet Protocol (IP) address, access times, browser type, language, and the website you visited before accessing our Sites. We also collect usage details, such as time, frequency, and use pattern.
- Device Information – Baby Bilby collects device information, like IP address, device type, operating system, manufacturer, model, and model number, push notification tokens, and unique device identifiers.
C. Information We Collect from Third Parties
We receive information about you from other users, third-party service providers, and partners to provide our Services.
- Other Users – Other users may share information about you when they use our Services. For example, your partner may add you to their profile information or share your email address to add you to the partner account.
- Third-party Service Providers – Baby Bilby receives information about you from third-party service providers who act on our behalf. These services include fulfilling orders or purchases, payment processing, validating contact data, sending marketing communications, and providing cloud infrastructure for our Services.
- Partners – We receive information about you from our partners who provide a variety of services to Baby Bilby. These services may include marketing, analytics, and advertising.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION
We use collected information to:
- Communicate with you – We may contact you to respond to your inquiries, requests, and/or send important notices either via email, text, push notifications, and in-app notifications. This includes, for example, sending confirmation messages, and providing you with updates about our Services and new features. See “Your Choices” below to learn how to manage your communication preferences.
- Provide customer support – We use your personal information to resolve support issues that may arise through your use of our Services. Access is limited to the data required to resolve your support issues.
- Deliver and improve our Services – We use your information to deliver and analyze how you use our Services, develop new products and services, and improve functionality, quality, and user experience. This includes using aggregated, anonymized data to improve our Services. For more information, see “Browser and Usage Information” in the “Information We Collect Automatically” section above.
- Market our Services – We use your information to market our Services, including sending marketing communications via email or text, and display our ads on other websites or social media. Additionally, we use aggregated personal information collected on our website to better tailor marketing or website content, including to run or optimize our service, or for other purposes, such as internal research. See the “Your Choices” section below to learn how to manage your communication preferences.
- Store data – We store data on servers hosted by third-party providers in the United States. We use appropriate technical, administrative, and physical measures to secure your data during storage.
- Advertise – We do not use information collected about you to advertise on our website or app. We also do not use push notifications or in-app notifications to display advertisements to our users.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We share your information with third parties only as needed to deliver our Services. We do not sell information about you to advertisers or other third parties without your consent. We share information we collect about you in the ways described below:
- Third-party Service Providers – Baby Bilby shares limited business contact information with third-party service providers, suppliers, vendors, and business partners to operate our business and provide you with our Services. These third parties are authorized to use your information only as necessary to provide services such as fulfilling orders or purchases, payment processing, validating contact data, sending marketing communications, and providing cloud infrastructure for our Services.
- Partners – We work with third parties who act as our partners to offer you joint products and services. For example, we have a giveaway partnership with a diaper company. If you decide to use these joint products or services, we may share your information in connection with this partnership. This includes assisting with billing and collections, providing localized support, and delivering customizations. If you opt into product giveaways, we will share your name and the email address you provided to sign up for the giveaway. We also share aggregated data, which does not include personal information, with our marketing partners.
- Change of ownership – If we transfer your personal information to a party unaffiliated with Baby Bilby as part of a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, we will provide you with notice about our arrangement with the new entity. Notice will be provided directly through the Baby Bilby website.
- Public authorities – In certain situations, we may be required to disclose information about you in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including national security and local law enforcement. We may also disclose information about you to:
- Comply with a subpoena or other legal process requests
- Protect our rights
- Protect your safety or the safety of others
- Investigate fraud
- Respond to a government request
- Sale of Information – We do not sell your information to third parties without your prior consent.
Where appropriate or legally required, you may have choices about how Baby Bilby uses your information. When we ask you to provide your information, you may decline. However, please note that if you choose to decline, you may not be able to use some of our Services.
- Marketing communication
- Email. You can choose to unsubscribe from our marketing emails at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any Baby Bilby email message.
- Text. You can opt-out of receiving marketing text messages by following instructions provided in Baby Bilby text messages.
- Account Settings. If you have created a Baby Bilby account, you may access, manage, and update your account information and communication preferences using your account settings or by contacting us directly at email@example.com
- Push notifications – You can opt-out of receiving push notifications through your devices or mobile app settings. Opting-out of receiving push notifications may affect how our Services function.
- Transactional communication – We may send you transactional email with announcements, payment confirmations, changes to our Services, and other similar administrative messages.
- Third-party marketing, advertising, and other communication – You can opt-in to receive emails or other communications from our partners, vendors, or affiliates. If you do opt-in, you are subject to the third party’s separate Privacy Notice. You are responsible for managing your email preferences subject to that statement.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We use reasonable and appropriate physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to protect information from unauthorized access, use, loss, misuse or unauthorized alteration. We also require third-party service providers acting on our behalf or with whom we share information to provide appropriate security measures under industry standards.
Notwithstanding our safeguards, it is impossible to guarantee absolute security in all circumstances. If you have questions about our security practices, you can contact Baby Bilby at the address listed in the “Contact Us” section below. It is important that you protect and maintain the security of your account credentials and notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your account.
COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
DO NOT TRACK
We do not track or respond to web browser “Do Not Track” signals.
The Baby Bilby website is hosted in the U.S. When you use our Services, we may transfer, store, and process information about you to servers and databases located outside of your home country. The privacy and data protection laws in the U.S. may not be equivalent to such laws in your country of residence. To the extent required by applicable law, Baby Bilby will take measures to protect the cross-border transfer of your information.
Baby Bilby does not knowingly target children and makes reasonable efforts to ensure that the targeting of children does not occur. Children 16 and under are not eligible to use Baby Bilby’s Services without the participation and supervision of a legal parent or guardian. If you believe your child has provided Baby Bilby with personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can remove the information.
DATA STORAGE AND RETENTION
We store your information for as long as necessary to provide our Services and to fulfill our legal and contractual obligations. We will set a Baby Bilby registry to “private,” which hides the registry from search engines, if a user does not log in to their registry for 12 months, or the registry has no other activity for 90 days, whichever is sooner.
THIRD-PARTY SERVICES, APPLICATIONS, WEBSITES
Certain third-party services, websites, or applications you use, or navigate to from our Services may have separate privacy policies that are independent of this Notice. This includes, for example, websites owned and operated by our partners. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of these third-party services or applications. We recommend carefully reviewing the user terms and privacy statement of each third-party service, website, and/or application prior to use.
SOCIAL MEDIA FEATURES AND WIDGETS
We use social media features, including the Facebook Like button and widgets, such as the Share button or similar interactive mini-programs that run on our Services. These features may collect your IP address and other personal data. For example, these features may track which page you are visiting on our site and may set a cookie to enable a social media feature to function properly. Your interactions with these features are governed by the privacy notice of the company providing the feature. For more information about the tracking technologies that we use, see our Cookie Notice. For more information on the technologies used by social networks, please refer to their specific privacy notices listed below:
If you provide us your personal information by connecting with us through one of these social media networks, we may interact with you on that network. Our interactions with you are subject to that social media network’s privacy notice.
UPDATES TO OUR PRIVACY NOTICE
We periodically update this Notice to describe new features, products, or services, and how those changes affect our use of your information. If we make material changes to this Notice, we will provide notification through our Services. We encourage you to review this Notice for updates each time you use our Services.
If you have any questions or concerns about Baby Bilby privacy practices, please contact us at email@example.com.